Award: Tower Industry Family Support Charitable Foundation Scholarship
Value: Scholarships are valued up to $2,500 each for full-time students and up to $1,250 per year for part-time students (maximum lifetime scholarship amount not to exceed $10,000). They are renewable annually (for up to four years for full-time students and six years for part-time students) provided academic criteria are met.
Academic Criteria: A 2.5 GPA or equivalent will be required for the recipient’s freshman year, with a 3.0 GPA or equivalent for each successive year.
• The scholarship will supplement a financial aid package — not substitute for aid — received from an institution.
• Scholarship awards will be made payable to the school on behalf of the student and are intended to supplement, rather than substitute for, aid received from an institution.
• A telephone interview will be conducted by members of the Advisory Committee Foundation Scholarship Committee.
• Scholarships may be awarded in advance of acceptance by a college or technical school conditioned upon the student’s admission and attendance at such school
• Candidate must be a severely injured or permanently disabled tower worker, (or) a legal dependent of a permanently disabled or deceased tower worker; and
• Candidate must be a high school graduate or equivalent and must be accepted as a full or part-time student to an accredited college or technical school to receive the scholarship.
• Full-time students must carry at least 12 credit hours per semester. Part-time students carry less than full-time credit hours, but must carry at least 6 credit hours per semester.
The Application for Scholarship should be submitted to the address below no earlier than the calendar year in which the student plans to begin attending college or technical school.
Tower Industry Family Support Charitable Foundation
Attn: Advisory Committee
8 Second Street SE
Watertown, SD 57201
The Tower Industry Family Support Charitable Foundation Advisory Committee will review all applications and make an award, if it determines that one of the candidates has met all of the criteria.